God's Word is Alive and Unchanging, in it you will find the Way to everlasting life!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Rejection does not feel good!

How many of you have experienced some form of rejection at one time or another? If this applies to you then you know it doesn’t feel good to be rejected when all you really want is to be accepted. I have experienced many forms of rejection, from people, trying to fit in and just not really reaching the level of acceptance I really wanted. Rejection can really do a number on one’s self-esteem. Because of the fear of being rejected I found myself falling into the people pleasing pattern (pleasing others even if I hurt myself to do it). 
It is unhealthy to people please, let’s just face it, not everyone is going to like you or accept you, there’s always going to be that someone who rejects you but allow me to encourage you today, they rejected Jesus and we being Christ-like if they could possibly reject Him who is perfect, what do you think they are going to do with us who is not? Instead of people-pleasing to fit in why not just simply please God and allow Him to handle everything else? I know there is no one who can fix it like Jesus! Cast your cares and concerns upon the Lord. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He is Unfailing and His Word is Unchanging. He Will Not reject you, in fact when everyone else has left you He is that very one that will stick closer than a brother. Jesus is our true friend, just put (All) your trust in Him and allow Him to come into your heart. I guarantee He will fill that void of you wanting to fit in with others.  Keep in mind if you are around people who are constantly rejecting you, you shouldn’t be around them anyway because not only will they not accept you they will also disrespect you. I know today I am worth more than that and as long as Jesus accepts me it just doesn’t matter if others don’t because I am safe in the arms of the Lord. When I am afraid I can call on Him, when I am hungry He feeds me, when I am lonely He keeps me, and when I’m down He fills me with Joy. I say this to say “don’t worry about being accepted by others as long as you know Jesus accepts you, that is what is Most Important! Glory to you Jesus!

No comments: